Monday, April 20, 2015

Jaromil Sabor & Prêcheur Loup - You Shall Use Your Time​.​.​.​ And Your Mama's Too (2014)


The first order of business in mending the damage I've done to my readership and all of the bands I should have been telling about you since my last post, is to peddle some noise you may have missed from around the time I abandoned you all. Jaromil Sabor & Prêcheur Loup is a breath of fresh air. The somewhat stale state garage has fallen into could be seen as dissapointing to some (though sometimes I can still get into it). Unwavering amp presets played at invariable speeds make up entire discographies of bands that could have been something so much more. Huffing paint, pounding this swill you call PBR and the idea of simply not giving any fucks have seemlingly taken over garage rock culture to a point that the music itself isn't important anymore. There is also no doubt that many bands have become known or respected by copying an established sound, knowing people would eat it up (there are too many Oh Sees copycats to count).

I really am sorry if you've been caught up in all that menial tomfoolery (yep, I said it), but you should know that you don't have to be a slave to it. There still exist bands that are strapping on their songwriting hats and making music that more than just satisfies, it seduces and suckerpunches right in the gut. It induces raw emotions in it's listeners. Jaromil Sabor & Prêcheur Loup is one such group. Of course there are clear influences, but they have carved these tracks out of something very unique. Each one sets itself apart from the others with just a dab of Elmers to keep it all together. Alternating between hard-driven beats living underneath crudely knarled vocals and balmy sun soakers that make you wishful of calm summer days made complete with endless opportunities to just sit and soak in the world around you. You may be thinking, "wow, this sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster", but I can assure you the finished package actually flows quite well.

I think these guys are more than fitting for my first post back from the dead so check the stream below. However, if you are still worried that you might be drowning in bullshit, I got plenty more coming up for you soon (for real).



Facebook
Frantic City

No comments:

Post a Comment